Saturday, June 7, 2008

Shanks Galore

As i sit here in yet another thunderstorm, with power and internet in dire jeopardy, i think to myself: If someone ran in here, what could i use as a shank to defend me my castle and my goods? And, well i didnt find an answer to that most basic and important question, i did find a few good bands with shanks galore. First up is Young Shank.


This guy is outa Cleveland, and follows a gangsta style of rapping. lots of slow beats, lots of diamonds, lots of grills and such. Its pretty solid. Anyways, you can cop his free mixtape off his myspace, or here.

Young Shank - Trap Orientation

Next up is Partyshank. yea, Partyshank. Some of there is stuff is straight up crunchy 8bit, but if you search around for a few remixes, it becomes more mainstream danceworthy. Heres a fav.

Partyshank - Penis vs Vagina (Lies in Disguise Remix)


Last up comes my shank band for the day with the best name. I Will Shank You For A Penny is half of Partyshank, and uses the 8bit a little differently.


He drops mad beats, with a little less overtly 8bit stuff. Heres 'Boots', which features some little kid yelling 'yea!' and 'I like it when the base drops!'. Classic

I Will Shank You For A Penny - Boots


Also, if you want, hes got a free mixtape on his myspace.

That is all for the shanks, and the storm has pretty much passed by. Laters!

No comments: